Procurement assessment and transformation
Our client is a large UK based biomass and fossil fuel generator of electrical power, generating approximately 6% of the UK’s electricity requirements.
The company has embarked on a series of acquisitions, adding further renewable energy generation capability to support the company goal to deliver 5GW of safe, flexible and profitable Power by 2027.
Odesma were engaged to conduct an assessment of the client’s procurement organisation and its operation vs. the capability required to deliver the business’s medium- and long-term strategic goals. The assessment included existing capability, operating model, processes policies and results and changes required to deliver against the evolving business expectation and demands of the company strategy.
Odesma used a combination of a highly experienced team, with over 60 combined years in the field of procurement, and our bespoke maturity and capability assessment tools; Odesma Assessor and Aurora, to deliver this assignment. Over a period of 8 weeks our team conducted the assessment which consisted off:
- Team skills and operating model maturity Health-check using Odesma Assessor and Aurora
- Executive and stakeholder reviews
- Process and technology assessment
- Gap analysis vs. (1) peer and best in class indices and (2) requirements to delivery against group strategy
- Recommendation, blueprint and transition plan
The team Conducted >50 interviews across key stakeholder groups and reviewed performance across >500 contracts.
The Odesma team delivered an assessment output and transformation blueprint consisting of 6 recommended change activities and >20 specific actions. This included:
- Operating model blueprint & procurement strategy
- Blueprint for the development of a formal SRM strategy
- Lean actions to be taken to increase efficiency of buying and contract management processes
- Technology recommendation
Programme of advanced analytics and dynamic performance management
View More Projects