Immediate & Sustainable Improvements through a Procurement Advisory.
Odesma’s goal is to help you create immediate and sustainable improvements in the performance of your organisation through active management of your third party spend.
The challenge for most organisations with third party spend management can be threefold:
- Delivering cost savings and value to the organisation
- Minimising the cost of carrying out procurement
- Managing business risk
The dilemma for most operations is that the cost of undertaking procurement has to be balanced against the benefits delivered back to the bottom line; this is a delicate balance, between organisational efficiency (the cost) and organisational effectiveness (the outcome).
Within all organisations there are ‘trapped savings’ that effective procurement advisories can release to the organisations benefit, however these are not always easily released without significant investment in expertise and technologies. For most businesses there is a significant savings prize from third party spend management, however this is often limited by institutional inertia, contractual lock outs, challenges of securing contractual compliance as well as ultimately reducing budgets to reflect savings achieved; these can add up to 50% or more of the opportunity being lost.
Driving Up Net Value from Procurement Advisories
Odesma Procurement Advisory, work with you to understand the value of trapped savings in your organisations, as well as the cost of realising these savings to the bottom line (for the re-investment in revenue growth actions). We do not ignore the other factors in third party spend that matter, for instance risk management and CSR. However we expect procurement to cost no more than 0.5% of the total spend on an ongoing basis.
Our approach is founded on our consulting & business management heritage and utilises the best interim resource (through our unique Procurement PeopleCloud®) coupled with best of breed ‘easy to use’ technology applications.
To determine the financial opportunity through procurement advisory we would typically conduct an initial assessment to determine the need and to size the opportunity of an organisation. This would be followed by a tailored solution depending on the outcome of the assessment. We deliver a range of solutions including:
- Procurement strategy design and target operating model (TOM) development Strategic sourcing programme delivery – e-Sourcing managed services – Outsourcing partner identification and implementation – Our Virtual Procurement Service for implementation and ongoing realisation and maintenance of benefits
- Strategic sourcing programme delivery e-Sourcing managed services – Outsourcing partner identification and implementation – Our Virtual Procurement Service for implementation and ongoing realisation and maintenance of benefits
- e-Sourcing managed services
- Outsourcing partner identification and implementation
- Our Virtual Procurement Service for implementation and ongoing realisation and maintenance of benefitsOur unique on-demand delivery model is designed to help you stay ahead.
As a procurement professional, you should be looking to network and enhance your knowledge.
Procurement events are a wonderful opportunity for these purposes and also if you are interested in finding new opportunities and roles in procurement.